There’s a new updated SafeSport Handbook and MAAPP Policy.
Below are links to all important documents and information. Additionally, we have included a quick reference guide with key highlights. Below is specific information as it relates to the Core Center for SafeSport training requirements as well as the Center for SafeSport Refresher 1 training.
It’s easy and it’s free. Starting September 2019, the below courses have been available in the USAV Clinics to register for the upcoming season.
Who is required to take the Core Center for SafeSport Training? Every adult with interaction with minor participants, including all players now 18 or turning 18 during the season, are required to take “Core Center for SafeSport training”. Core being the first then an annual refresher to follow.
- Any new member who falls into the category of the required training
- Any member who took the USOC previous version of the SafeSport training on the Team USA Prep site
- Any junior member turning 18 during the season. Parents can fill out the consent for their 17 year old to take the Core training prior to the athlete turning 18 if they choose by following this link Parental Consent. If the parent chooses to have their child take the training when they turn 18, the athlete will need to register themselves and complete the training as soon as possible to avoid any disruption in play.
Who is required to take the Refresher?
- Any member who has taken the Core Center for SafeSport training with an expiration of 10/31/2019 or before. You must complete the Core Training to be eligible for the refresher training.
This program is a great compliment to the background screening we use to protect both minors and adults participating in junior programming. It enables all of us to be proactive in the fight to stop child molestation and offers many ways for parents and adults to ensure there are procedures in place to protect ALL participants.
Further, we are able to deliver the coursework through the USAV Academy. Accessing the course through the USAV Academy is critical to tracking certification and expiration dates. Please instruct your members to access the course exclusively through the USAV Academy through their membership page.
There is free training on the Center’s website that is age appropriate training for kids. You can direct them to https://www.athletesafety.org/ to find out how to register for parent training or youth/age appropriate training.
IMPORTANT! All clubs must have a Travel Policy that is Safe Sport legal and sent to parents. If a club does not have one then they must default to the USAV & Safe Sport sample policy here: USAV_SS_Club_Sample_Travel_Policy
USAV Safe Sort Contact–Liani Reyes email@example.com
SURVA Safe Sport Contact–Natasha Campbell firstname.lastname@example.org
Register for SafeSport training:
- Go to your Sports Engine Household.
- Log in to your USAV MMS account.
- In the navigation menu, click on USAV Academy.
- Select Core Center for Safe Sport Training.
- Complete registration.
- To access coursework, click on the Log into USAV Academy button on your membership. Take all three modules for certification.
Should you need to return to your coursework at a later time, log in to your USAV account and click on the Log into USAV Academy button.
For technical issues, while completing the course, please visit: http://help.usavolleyballacademy.org/.
Click below to download important documents associated with SafeSport.
The Core SafeSport training is considered adult content and should not be taken by a child unless consent is provided. If you would like to have your child watch & receive SafeSport training status please use the link below.
Link to SafeSport Parental Consent-https://fs28.formsite.com/USAVolleyball/SSConsentform/index.html