The 2019/2020 Season is a new beginning for SafeSport. Every adult with interaction with minor participants, including all players now 18 or turning 18 during the season, are required to take “Core Center for SafeSport training”. Core being the first then the refresher to follow.
Also there is a new updated SafeSport Handbook. Below are links to all important documents and information. Additionally, we have included a quick reference guide with key highlights. Below is specific information as it relates to the Core Center for SafeSport training requirements as well as the Center for SafeSport Refresher 1 training.
It’s easy and it’s free. Starting September 1, 2019, the below courses will be available in the USAV Clinics to register for the upcoming season. The CURRENT 2018/2019 SafeSport training registration will close 8/31/2019.
- 2019-2020 Core Center for SafeSport Training
- 2019-2020 Center for SafeSport Refresher 1 Training
Who is required to take the Core Center for SafeSport Training?
- Any new member who falls into the category of the required training
- Any member who took the USOC previous version of the SafeSport training on the Team USA Prep site
- Any junior member turning 18 during the season. Parents can fill out the consent for their 17 year old to take the Core training prior to the athlete turning 18 if they choose by following this link Parental Consent. If the parent chooses to have their child take the training when they turn 18, the athlete will need to register themselves and complete the training as soon as possible to avoid any disruption in play.
Who is required to take the Refresher 1
- Any member who has taken the Core Center for SafeSport training with an expiration of 10/31/2019. You must have completed the Core Training to be eligible for the refresher 1 training.
This program is a great compliment to the background screening we use to protect both minors and adults participating in junior programming. It enables all of us to be proactive in the fight to stop child molestation and offers many ways for parents and adults to ensure there are procedures in place to protect ALL participants.
Further, we are able to deliver the coursework through the USAV Academy. Accessing the course through the USAV Academy is critical to tracking certification and expiration dates. Please instruct your members to access the course exclusively through the USAV Academy through their membership page.
There is free training on the Center’s website that is age appropriate training for kids. You can direct them to https://www.athletesafety.org/ to find out how to register for parent training or youth/age appropriate training.
Register for SafeSport training:
- Go to https://webpoint.usavolleyball.org/.
- Log in to your USAV account.
- In the navigation menu, click on USAV Clinics and select USAV Coaching Clinics.
- Select Core Center for Safe Sport Training.
- Complete registration.
- To access coursework, click on the Log into USAV Academy button on your membership. Take all three modules for certification.
Should you need to return to your coursework at a later time, log in to your USAV account and click on the Log into USAV Academy button.
For technical issues, while completing the course, please visit: http://help.usavolleyballacademy.org/.
Click below to download important documents associated with SafeSport.
The Core SafeSport training is considered adult content and should not be taken by a child unless consent is provided. If you would like to have your child watch & receive SafeSport training status please use the link below.
Link to SafeSport Parental Consent-https://fs28.formsite.com/USAVolleyball/SSConsentform/index.html
REPORTING AN INCIDENT.
All SEXUAL MISCONDUCT: **By law you must report all suspected SEXUAL MISCONDUCT WITH MINORS incidents to the local authorities. In addition all USAV sexual misconduct issues must be reported and investigated by the US Center for Safe Sport. To report possible sexual misconduct please go to the new Center’s site at www.uscenterforsafesport.org or contact USA Volleyball at 719-228-6800 or this link to the SafeSport Incident Report Form at https://uscenterforsafesport.org/report-a-concern/
The USA Volleyball SafeSport page on the USAV website also provides good info at https://www.teamusa.org/usa-volleyball/about-us/safesport.
ALL OTHER MISCONDUCT: Please use the form below to report any non sexaual incidents. We now have trained investigators who will interview all witnesses and gather facts. These investigators will not make or issue a decision. They will submit a report to the Commissioner who will forward the matter to the appropriate committee. The Commissioner, as required in the Region Handbook, may or may not issue a temporary sanction until final resolution of the matter. Any disciplinary action is subject to Due Process.
COMPLAINTS: Please use the form below for general complaints, suggestions and corrections.