IMPORTANT INFORMATION & CHANGES FOR 2020
1. Teams wishing to compete for the automatic Region Bid to Nationals in the SURVA National Bid Championships MUST:
- All 12s, 13s, 14s, 15s, 16s and 17s teams must participate in at least TWO OUT OF AREA Regional Qualifying Tournaments.
- All 11s and 18s must participate in at least ONE Regional Qualifying tournament.
- Meet all USAV and SURVA requirements.
- Finish in the top 50 of the SURVA final rankings in their age group.
2. All junior players and coaches are required to complete online officiating training clinics prior to being placed on a roster.
To access the online clinics simply:
- Enter your Webpoint membership portal
- Scroll to the button on the left side titled Region Clinics. Click and a drop down menu appear underneath and select the Region Ref/Score Clinics.
- On that page select and register for the appropriate clinic. Juniors select the Junior Ref/Score Clinic and Coaches select the Coaches Ref/Score Clinic. Each clinic has 5-7 short modules. You may stop and come back if you run out of time but try to finish the module you’re in progress so it will give you credit for that module.
- After registering proceed to the USAV Academy (the red button at the bottom of your membership page) and take your modules. Make sure you take and complete all modules titled US20_
In order to promote good sportsmanship and as a complement to the Region Zero Tolerance Policy, the Board of Directors have added a proactive spectator control measure designed to curb borderline spector behavior before it escalates. Please have your club supporters read and follow the Purple Card Policy so they realize poor spectator behavior could ultimately penalize the team.
*Please refer to the Tournament Handbook & Region Handbook under the Handbooks and Manuals tabs for more information on other club, team and participant requirements.
**Consult the USAV/SURVA Policies page under the Club Directors tab for recent important USAV and SURVA policies.