SURVA Regional Championship Schedule The schedule will be posted here but the updates will be posted on the welcome page.
This season (2019-2020) the SURVA 18s National Bid Championship will be held on March 3rd and/or 4th at a site TBA. The 17s Bid Championships will be held on March 28 & 29 at a site TBA.
All other Region Championships will be April 25 & 26 in Albuquerque. There will be Divisions I & II championships in Albuquerque.
SURVA Region Championships
The SURVA Championships is divided into two tournaments. The SURVA Region Club Championship and the SURVA National Bid Championship.
The SURVA Region Club Championships are competed by Divisions. The Club Championship is for any team that has competed in at least TWO Regional Qualifying Tournament.
The SURVA National Bid Championships is age group-specific with a Champion in each age (18,17,16,15,14,13,12 & 11). The National Bid Championship is for teams that have qualified by attendance and Region ranking and completed all necessary forms and other requirements.
Convention Center Rules
1. No outside food or drink. Water only. No team food tables allowed anywhere but outside at your own risk.
2. Coolers/ice chests (containing only water & ice) allowed only in the Team Camp area.
3. No outside chairs. There will be plenty of chairs courtside.
4. Admission is $10. Good for both days or one day.
Competing for the Sun Country National Bids
Teams wishing to earn one of the eight age group automatic Region Bids to the USAV Girls Nationals awarded at the Region Championships MUST complete all requirements established by the SURVA BoD.
Some of the necessary paperwork is explained here:
AGE GROUP Requirements for Competing for Region National Bids
- For age groups 12s thru 17s, teams must compete in at least TWO OUT OF AREA Regional Qualifying Tournaments
- For age groups 11s and 18s, teams must compete in at least ONE Regional Qualifying Tournament
ALL TEAMS TEAMS WISHING TO COMPETE FOR A REGION BID TO NATIONALS MUST:
- Enter Region Championships on Tournament Registration button on Sun Country Website www.suncountryvb.org
- Register for USAV Girls Championships through AES.
- Submit the Bid Acceptance and Roster Verification Forms.