Sun Country Region Volleyball Association is an independent 501c3 organization formed under the umbrella of the United States Volleyball Association. We coexist with 39 other regions in the United States dedicated to the furtherance of play of the sport of volleyball in New Mexico and the western half of Texas.
We are organized to foster national and international amateur volleyball competition. With that in mind we pledge:
- To teach the sport of volleyball to children and adults by holding clinics conducted by qualified instructors in schools, playgrounds and parks.
- To provide practice volleyball sessions, classroom lectures, seminars and panel discussion through which selected trainees may be schooled in competitive coaching, playing, officiating and scouting techniques.
- To foster and conduct area, regional, state and national amateur volleyball competitions.
- To act as the official representative of USA Volleyball within an area designated as the Sun Country Region.
- To select and train suitable candidates in the techniques of volleyball in national and international competition and thereby improve the caliber of candidates representing the United States in Olympic, Pan American and World Games competition.
- To foster and conduct amateur volleyball programs between the United States and foreign nations for the exchange and training of suitable candidates in the techniques and practices of volleyball in countries other than their own.
The Sun Country Region Volleyball Associated Association (SURVA) has a Board of Directors comprised of the Commissioner & 11 voting members. They are: Commissioner, Treasurer, Secretary, Registrar, Tournament Coordinator, 5 Area Reps representing the 5 major metro areas, a Junior Rep & an Officials Rep representing all Junior associated membership. There are three advisory positions–Assignor, Officials Chair/Trainer and Scorer Chair. For a look at each board member’s job description & selection, see the Region Bylaws on the Corporate Documents page.
DAY TO DAY BUSINESS
- Commissioner–Mark Noble firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary–Natasha Campbell email@example.com
- Registrar-all things registration—Carol Jeter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tournament Coordinator-all things tournament—Mike Mangum email@example.com
- Junior Rep-all things junior related—Mike Moffitt firstname.lastname@example.org
- Albuquerque Area–Geoff Lawson email@example.com
- Amarillo Area–Paul Ortega firstname.lastname@example.org
- El Paso Area–Frank Ayala email@example.com
- Lubbock Area–Erin McClure firstname.lastname@example.org
- Permian Basin Area–Keisha Shaw email@example.com
- Eligibility Committee–Carol Jeter, Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Committee–Mike Moffitt, Chair email@example.com
- Business Committee–Mark Noble, Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
- Budget Committee–Mike Mangum, Chair email@example.com
- Ethics Committee–consult SUN COUNTRY DUE PROCESS POLICY
For detailed governance documentation, policies & Region meeting minutes, please see our Corporate Documents page.