We are an independent organization formed under the umbrella of the United States Volleyball Association. We coexist with 38 other regions in the United States dedicated to the furtherance of play of the sport of volleyball.
We are organized to foster national and international amateur volleyball competition. With that in mind we pledge:
- To teach the sport of volleyball to children and adults by holding clinics conducted by qualified instructors in schools, playgrounds and parks.
- To provide practice volleyball sessions, classroom lectures, seminars and panel discussion through which selected trainees may be schooled in competitive coaching, playing, officiating and scouting techniques.
- To foster and conduct area, regional, state and national amateur volleyball competitions.
- To act as the official representative of USA Volleyball within an area designated as the Sun Country Region.
- To select and train suitable candidates in the techniques of volleyball in national and international competition and thereby improve the caliber of candidates representing the United States in Olympic, Pan American and World Games competition.
- To foster and conduct amateur volleyball programs between the United States and foreign nations for the exchange and training of suitable candidates in the techniques and practices of volleyball in countries other than their own.